Building a solid pipeline of leads is synonymous with laying a foundation for successful sales. For any business, a lead is a prospect that is interested in the services your company provides. Therefore, managing the leads is a necessary process before closing the sales. Notably, lead management is a process that offers an opportunity of qualifying leads before passing them on to sales. It provides instant access to the sales representatives to keep track of the latest prospects and never lets the lead drop.
What Are The Benefits Of Lead Management?
- It helps in optimizing the lead process from start to end.
- It prevents the leads from dropping.
- It automatically routes leads from your webpage.
- It assists the sales rep in making the entire process cost-effective.
Guidelines For Mapping Custom Lead
When mapping custom lead fields for lead conversion with the new Lead Custom Field Mapping page, keep these considerations in mind.
- A custom lead field can map to custom account, contact, and opportunity fields simultaneously.
- Each target field can have only one source field mapped to it.
- You can’t delete a field that’s included in Lead Custom Field Mapping. To delete a field, remove its mapping first.
- You can’t change the field type of a field that’s included in Lead Custom Field Mapping. To change a field’s type, remove its mapping first.
- You can’t uninstall a package that references fields included in Lead Custom Field Mapping. Remove any mappings of referenced fields before uninstalling the package.
Steps To Convert a Salesforce Lead into a Contact :
- In a lead record, click Convert.
- Create a new Account or select an existing Account in the Account name field.
- Create a new Contact or select existing Contact in the Contact name field.
- Create a new Opportunity or select existing Opportunity in the Opportunity name field.
- You can select the “Don’t create an opportunity upon conversion” checkbox if you don’t want to create an opportunity.
- Click Convert.
Lead Conversion using apex :
The Database. convert Lead method is used to convert a lead record into an Account, Contact & an opportunity. It creates a LeadConvert object then sets LeadConvert’s status to ‘convert’ and then passes an instance of LeadObect to the Database.convert Lead method.
Here is the apex class named ‘leadConvert’ to show the example to convert leads.
In the Standard Lead Conversion, we can only convert standard lead fields so if you want to populate custom fields then we need to do configuration before lead conversion. Salesforce provides a feature that we can use while lead conversion so that users can map lead custom fields according to their requirements.
In Salesforce, you can map custom lead fields to custom fields on Accounts, Contacts & Opportunities with the same field type to populate these fields automatically.
Here are the steps to implement this feature –
- In your Lightning Home Screen, navigate to Setup.
- Type ‘Object’ in the Quick Find box and then click ‘Object Manager’. Scroll down or type ‘lead’ in the search box & Click Lead.
- Select Fields & Relationships and then click Map Lead Fields.
- For each custom lead field, choose the contact field into which you want the information inserted when you convert a lead.
- Click Save.The mapping will get saved.
Now, Whenever you convert lead records into account, contact, or opportunity, custom field data will also be populated on account, contact, or opportunity.
For acquiring leads by creating manually, automatically capturing, or importing them from your website you take advantage of lead management. It will automatically assign leads using assignment rules according to the location sources and other attributes. Also, it will make it easier for the sales rep to identify the leads and convert them into opportunities.