With continuous and seamless developments in Salesforce, the only thing that remains constant in today’s CRM world is change. Salesforce goes through several dramatic updates that offer new exciting features and innovative functionalities to improve user experience. One of the latest updates that managed to catch a lot of buzz over the past few years was the modified and revolutionary user interface – the announcement of Lightning experience.
Lightning Experience: A Modern, Smart, and Intelligent User Experience
A completely redefine user interface is the main reason for the world’s obsession with Salesforce Lightning. An easy-to-use and optimized user interface enable you to work more efficiently and create a robust relation between you and your clients. With the help of Lightning experience, Salesforce has kept its supremacy ahead by introducing a smart and attractive user interface that helps a sales representative sell smarter and faster and providing customers more productivity.
The Salesforce updates include various features and components but they lack some functionalities that lead to confusion for many users whether or not to switch to a Salesforce Lightning.
Before discussing the comparison between Salesforce Classic and Salesforce Lightning, it is important to have a bit of introduction on both as it will give us proper insights to understand the differences between the two systems. Furthermore, we can settle the question for today i.e. Why Salesforce Lightning is better than Salesforce Classic?
As the name indicates, Salesforce Classic is the original and old user interface (UI) for the CRM platform. Its UI is very compressed and text-centric while graphics and icons are not paid much attention.
The graphics in the UI are typically small and aren’t displayed in high resolution. All in all, the main drawback is that users are unable to access information quickly and navigation can be a little chunky. Salesforce Classic is essentially the first standard stage that we utilized for a while though some users still stick with it.
Lightning is a new and impressive UI that completely changes the Salesforce user experience.
Lightning UI — the modern and refreshed UI with a suite of features such as easier-to-read text, icons, and graphics — provides a snapshot of your business. It offers a number of lists and charts to manifest your business’s current state at a glance. It supports the Lightning component framework set up with some extra functionalities for developers that makes it exclusive and excellent.
Without wasting much time, let’s move on to the comparison between Classic and Lightning experience and explore the key features of their differences.
Comparison between Salesforce Classic and Lightning experience
Despite the fact that both the systems share the same features, the new version stands out for the following enhancement and functionalities.
- New design and easy-to-use – Lightning has a modern, effective, and efficient interface. All the users can connect to their accounts, anywhere and anytime that translates to organized and systematic processes thereby making the workflows more impulsive.
The two key upgrades are:
- Note’s “autosave” and rich text functionalities assure a high-level experience
- Distant and exciting features from the mobile gadget experience result in availability to desktop users.
- Smart and nice appearance – Data and information will be displayed more clearly and dynamically, which helps focus on the important tasks to be done first.
- More Columns on dashboards – Dashboards are not just confined with three columns in Salesforce Lightning. The segments allow better data insights i.e. capturing the right data and then analyzing. They enable customers to view, open, or close existing sales account as well as dormant sales account.
- Home Page – It can be customized as per your choice as displaying the important and necessary information at first to work more efficiently and easily. Furthermore, you can see the overdue tasks, leads, opportunities, and potential customers wherever you need.
- Activity timelines – The Lightning Experience doesn’t need any refreshment of the page for saving the updates or if any modification is done.
- Switching to Lightning is free – Lightning is accessible for all the editions at no extra cost.
- Opportunity Kanban – It can be described as a visualization tool for opportunities. Sales representatives can easily analyze deals at every step in the pipeline. The drag-and-drop functionality allows users to move deals from one place to another. Plus, users can access the customized alarms and notification on the most important deals in progress and observe the outcome from the forecast rapidly.
Ready to migrate from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience
By leveraging Trailhead (Salesforce online training) and our vast experience in consulting practices at Cloud Analogy, we eliminated roadblocks in the otherwise-complicated migration process from Salesforce Classic to Salesforce Lightning. Nevertheless, as Salesforce professionals, it’s our job to provide you with the best solutions and services.
Here are a few steps to help you switch from SF Classic to SF Lightning:
Step 1: Check if your org is eligible for the move to Lightning or not.
Step 2: Verify that all your implemented functionalities are still available.
Step 3: For more information, learn about Lightning on Trailhead.
Step 4: Make the switch to Salesforce Lightning.
Both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience are great systems that help in business growth. Considering all the perks and benefits from the Salesforce updates, it can be said that Salesforce is here to stay as it will grow and expand massively in response to the market demand. With its new releases, Salesforce keeps on introducing new and excellent ways of engaging and encouraging more users and build long partnerships.
Do share your views on Salesforce Lightning Experience in the comments’ section below.